Wednesday 14 October 2009

SPEAKING - HOW TO START

INITIATING/FOCUSING
So we have to...
Shall we talk about...first?
Shall we start with this picture?
I think we need to...
We have to choose...
What do you think about...?


OPINIONS/VIEWS/IDEAS
What do you think about...?
It seems to me that...
I think...
What do you think?
From what I know...
In my opinion...
As far as I'm concerned...
Personally speaking...
Could I just add that...?
If I might come in here...
Don`t you think...?
I've heard...
I'm sure...


AGREEING
That's a good point.
I think you are right about that.
I hadn't (really) thought of that.
That's a good idea!
That's exactly what I think.


DISAGREEING
I see what you mean, but don't you think...?
Yes, but isn't it true that...?
I'm not so sure about that. Do you think...?
I don't really agree with you about that because...
But do you really think it's a good idea to...?
That's a good point but I think...beacuse...


CONCLUDING
So, what shall we say...?
So, what do you think?
I think this is the best idea because...
Ok, shall we say...?
Do you agree? 

No comments:

Post a Comment