Thursday 15 October 2009

NARRATIVE - FCE

That day my life change forever. Our local children’s hospital needed to raise money or it would close, so I decided to take part in a six-day sponsored walk along 90km of the Great Wall of China. At the time I didn’t realise what an incredible challenge it would be.
Before I went I thought that I would be walking on a flat surface but when I saw the Great Wall my heart sank. Part of the time we would be trekking up hundreds of 60cm high steps, some of the paths were 30cm wide with steep falls either side and there was nowhere else to go because we were surrounded by mountains and forests. I was terrified, and at the end of the first day my body ached all over. However, on the third day I started to love the experience. I was in one of the most amazing places on earth and the views were incredible.
Every year now I challenge myself to do something that I wouldn’t normally do and this year I’m planning to cycle across Cuba!

No comments:

Post a Comment