Monday 21 September 2009

ARTICLES - CAE

Thanks to her role as Peggy on television's Alimony Street, hers is a household name. And much like the TV character she plays, she exudes an air of innocence and helplessness that has found her a place in the general public's heart and which has taken her so far in such a short space of time. However, initial appeareance can be deceptive, and I soon learnt what people mean when they say that we shouldn't take others at face value. After only ten minutes in her presence, I began to suspect that under the childlike veneer she employs so well on the screen there lurks a mature and determined woman who doesn't suffer fools gladly, enjoys having power over others and never, ever takes "no" for an answer. So it didn't come as too much of a shock to me when I found myself on her wrong side by asking about her current boyfriend. Without warning, she dropped the sweet, innocent act and told me,in no uncertain terms, to "change the subject right now or get out". Here, then, there's a private wolf in public sheep's clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment