Monday 21 September 2009

ARTICLES - CAE

The public has an insatiable appetite for news of their favourite celebrities, and I must admit that I was quite excited to get the chance to interview her. Here, after all, was the most glamorous female star to have appear on our cinema screens for years. But what we see on film and what we get in reality are often two different things, and this was no exception. Not for me the tall, slim, sharp-dressed starlet with a twinkle in her eyes, a toothpaste smile and charming manners. When I was shown into her dressing-room, I got a rather short,slightly overweight, bad-tempered teenage girl in scruffy casual clothes who scowled at me all the way through the interview, refused to answer half my questions and couldn't pay attention for more than a few minutes. It certainly gave me a different perspective on fame. I guess rudeness goes hand in hand with those like her who achieve celebrity status!

No comments:

Post a Comment