Saturday 19 September 2009

ARTICLES - CAE

TOPIC: CELEBRITIES
TYPE: ARTICLES

The popular press describe him as a suave, sophisticated, demi-god with charm, personality and intelligence. When I met him, however, I began to wonder whether any of these journalists had actually met him, or were just playing a joke on their reading public. What struck me the most was his complete lack of any of these qualities, with social skills coming right at the bottom of the list.
Although he is in his late twenties, I felt like I was interviewing an adolescent schoolboy. He couldn't sit still, couldn't concentrate for more than two minutes at a time, answered my questions in monosyllabic grunts, and not once made eye contact with me.
There was also an air of barely suppressed anger about him, and it seemed that, at the slightest inconvenience or provocation, he would blow his top like a volcano.
I guess a more sympathetic person would feel sorry for him, but I couldn't see beyond the spoilt child that he really is, and although I have looked hard for his "appeal factor", I am still thouroughly perplexed at the blind devotion he receives from his fans.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I hope you find these sample compositions useful, either as material for revising for the exam or...WHO KNOWS?...YOU MAY FIND IT INSPIRING AND END UP WRITING YOUR OWN PIECE!

    ReplyDelete